Skip to main content

Fuel The Flame

Forget the org chart. Toss the employee handbook. There is a raw, unscripted kind of magic at work no one tells you about. It is not necessarily your boss or your direct report it is your ride or die. This is the one who speaks your chaos fluently, deciphers your frantic shorthand like it is poetry, and fires back a "YUP. Saw that too" Teams message before you exhale. They are the voice defending you in rooms you will never enter. They are not just supportive they are catalytic. Throw you two in a room and you can’t be tamed. You bring the fuel they bring the detonator. Kaboom.


This is not about climbing ladders it is about lighting up the hallway as you walk it.  Whether they are on your team or in another department, they are the one who sees your vision, challenges your ideas into something sharper, and tells you do it when you float something wild. They do not slow you down  they set you on fire (in the best way). You will know your ride or die when your communication is 90% telepathy and 10% chaotic emojis. Your inside jokes probably should not make it outside, and your ?!?!?! Teams message makes perfect sense to them. They do not just make your ideas safer they make them better. One brings momentum the other brings the match. The fire never dies.


Haven’t found yours? Relax. You are not late you are not broken. Ride or dies are not assigned they are forged. Show your weird. Flaunt your messy genius. Be the teammate you would run through walls for. Realness ignites realness. Burn bright they will find you. Found them? Guard that flame like it is your last match. This is the person who speaks your truth when you are not there honor that fiercely. Trust is your oxygen. Praise them loudly, keep feedback real and raw. Do not hoard their greatness (I might suck at following this piece of my own advice). Facts are facts ride or die energy turbocharge culture. Let the spark spread.


Do you need this inferno to function? Hell no. You are a powerhouse solo. But find that catalytic ride or die? Work stops being work. It becomes personal, electrifying, fun as hell. So quit waiting. Be someone's fuel. Be their spark. On the brutal days? Just stand there, match held high, til they are ready to burn it all down with you. Because together? You don't just get shit done. You set the whole damn world on fire.

ღ Chi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seen

There’s a weird kind of loneliness that comes from wanting to be seen while also praying nobody looks too closely. Wanting someone to notice the hurt, the exhaustion, the way you’ve been holding everything together with shaky hands and caffeine and pure survival instinct… but also being terrified that if they really saw you, they might decide you’re too much, too emotional, too broken, too needy, too human. So you perform. You crack jokes in meetings. You answer I’m good on autopilot. You keep producing. Keep leading. Keep showing up polished enough that nobody asks too many questions. But underneath all that is a quiet little voice whispering, please see me. Please notice I’m drowning before I convince myself this is normal. And the messed up part is… when somebody actually does notice? Panic. Immediate panic. Because being seen means being vulnerable. It means somebody could confirm the fears you’ve been fighting in your own head. It means they might see the cracks you worked overt...

Resolutions

While everyone else is panic buying gym memberships and promising to become an entirely different person by February, I’m rolling into this new year exactly as I am. Unapologetically. Intentionally. And with zero interest in your vision board that implies my current self isn’t enough. I am not broken, so there is nothing to fix. There is this wild assumption that January 1st should trigger some metamorphosis, like we are all caterpillars who have been waiting for permission to become butterflies. But you are already the butterfly. You have been one all along and the only thing you need to shed is the belief that you are supposed to be someone else. I have spent years building the person I am. My habits, my boundaries, my non negotiables, the way I take my coffee, the way I handle my business, the relationships I have cultivated, the ones I have walked away from. That wasn’t accidental. And I am not demolishing it because a calendar flipped. This Year My time with family is sacred and n...

Purpose Driven

We have something at my work called Pause for Purpose. At the beginning of meetings, we stop just for a moment and recognize something meaningful. Sometimes it’s a team that showed up during a natural disaster to help families get back on their feet. Sometimes it’s employees volunteering in the community. Sometimes it’s people doing extraordinary things when the world gets messy. And I love that we do that. I really do. Because in corporate spaces, we talk a lot about values. But when you pause the agenda to honor service, real human service, that tells people those words aren’t just printed in the company newsletter. They are practiced. This matters. Since I’ve become a leader, things have happened. My perspective has shifted. I’ve been exposed to the why behind the time off. I’ve spent more time listening to a bigger group than just my handful of usuals about their kids, their bad mornings, their big wins, their big losses. And something happened recently that shifted the way I think...